Sunday, May 07, 2006

Do one thing every day that scares you.

While I can't say I live by that philosophy, it is the first thing that comes to mind after I come close to chickening out of various activities. I've used that one sentence to talk myself into taking up scene painting, asking handsome men to dinner, and moving to Europe, among other things. I highly recommend that you do the same. If fear is the only thing stopping you from something, you're crazy not to do it.

So where to begin with this new angle at attacking life? The possibilities are endless -- just do whatever it is that makes you nervous enough to want to avoid doing. Here are some ideas to get you started.

1. Take a night train to a former communist country despite your trusty guidebook's boldfaced suggestion to avoid night trains in this particular part of the world.

2. Stay at the homes of complete "friends you've yet to meet".

3. Order from a menu you can't begin to decipher. Extra points for confirming your selection after the waiter gives you a quizzical look.

I want you all to think about that, consider your options. Tomorrow, I'll tell you more about my trip to Poland.

1 comment:

Freeze_Dried_Brilliance said...

I'm so excited for chapter 2!! Glad to see you've made it back safely given the above mentioned post... can't wait to hear more! :)