Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Paris!

Our trip to Paris was a success. There was plenty of food and walking. We even managed to shop for an entire day. And Ruud liked it. He really did. He bought a tie and some socks.

Since we have both been to the top of the Eiffel Tower, we opted instead to go to the top of the Arc d'Triomphe, from which the world looks like this:
We also happened to witness a proposal. We went to the Louvre, of course (Mona is looking as lovely as ever) and the Musee d'Orsay, which houses a magnificent collection of works by French artists.
On Monday we left early and stopped in Gent, Belgium for a few hours. We wanted waffles, which were actually sort of hard to come by at this time of year. We wandered until we found the castle near the hostel where I stayed when I was in Gent eight years ago. I have now re-visited all the cities I saw on my first trip to Europe. And just in time.

2 comments:

Freeze_Dried_Brilliance said...

Good for you!

Paris looks quite different than I'd imagine... I'll have to go there on one of my next trips to Europe, which hopefully wont be too far into the distance!

Anonymous said...

Paris: Hell, it looks just like Smithwick, South Dakota!