Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Mail Call

It has arrived. After three tense weeks of wondering (and two days of not being able to get a person on the phone at the consulate) my visa to INDIA has landed safely in my mailbox.

On October 9, I will take a 14-hour flight to Indira Gandhi International Airport to begin my month of studying yoga in India.

These last weeks have been busy with preparations. I've done the required reading. I'm immune to a handful of diseases, some I'd never even heard of before they injected me with them. I have a prescription to prevent malaria and bottles of high-powered insect repellant. Ready? Not even close. But I'm working on it.

2 comments:

Freeze_Dried_Brilliance said...

Yay, Sounds exciting! Get yourself some of those UN approved drinking straws or powder that make undrinkable water drinkable! From what you're describing you can't be too prepared!

Anonymous said...

You're off to another exciting adventure. Please keep us in touch if possible - I always enjoy reading everything you do.

Sandy Linster