Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Call me that.

I'm a big fan of the nickname, and I've had a few that were twisted out of my own name and a few that were totally unrelated. I never got into "Mandy", and only one person ever called me that. And because it was only one person, he was allowed. If it had started a trend, I would have cracked down on that nonsense.

But here, tagging an endearing ending onto a name is almost a requirement. I've been Mandi, Mandiña, Mandita, Amandita, Amandiña, Manderiña, Amandis, Amandía, and Amanda all in the same night. I'll kind of miss that when we go.

Brent has been "Brend," "Bret," and "Bread," mostly because the "nt" sound doesn't exist in Spanish, so people have a hard time figuring out what he's saying when he introduces himself.  I'll kind of miss that, too.

No comments: