Saturday, November 24, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

On Tuesday, I made 29 pies. In true my-cooking fashion, two of those didn't turn out -- though it was hardly my fault, as I was using an unfamiliar oven and it darkened the heck out of the tops of those two. The inside was excellent, though, which is how I found out I was on the right track, and how I sustained myself through 10 hours of baking.

On Wednesday and Thursday, dozens of people I know ate those pies, and it made me delightfully happy. I like those people a lot, and it was a great joy to spend Thanksgiving with them.

As every year, there is a great deal to be thankful for. Despite the challenges of this past year, we are a blessed lot.

Also, this just in: Singapore is out. The job offer was waaaay too little for living in a country that pricey -- it's a great opportunity for a new chiropractic graduate, which is exactly the reason they won't offer more for Brent and his 10 years of experience: they know that they can get a recent grad for that much.

Home for the holidays, and then we'll see...

No comments: