Friday, December 27, 2013

Is it still called dinner if I haven't stopped eating since breakfast?

Eating lightly, but still.

We got up on Christmas and invited Larry over for a gift exchange. Brent wasn't feeling well, and even in the minutes as we waited for Larry to arrive, he deteriorated until it became obvious that he would not be joining in the day's many festivities. I was so disappointed, as I love holidays and I love spending them with that guy.

Brent knows me well: I got a blender (YAYAYAY!!!) and a necklace he made himself using a perfectly triangular green rock we'd found in Playa Venao last month. Love it.

He went back to bed, and I went to Don and Jill's for brunch. This is a yearly tradition at their place, and it has grown to include a large number of community members. The food was excellent, and I lingered until after 1:00pm, drinking entirely too much coffee.

The next stop was back to Cat's place for Christmas dinner. We had a smaller group that evening, and we'd all agreed to wear our pajamas. I made Mom's date balls and the most delightful key lime fudge.





No comments: