Sunday, May 28, 2006

The luck of the Irish.

There's more to Ireland than Guinness, of course, and since I don't even like beer all that much I had every intention of finding it.

Every intention. And I did do a lot, but not half of what was on my hastily written list. I guess I feel like I'll be going back there. I guess I was content just being there.

I went to the National Gallery, which is fantastic. We've all heard of W.B. Yeats (right?), but I had no idea the rest of his family was so talented -- his father, brother, and daughter were all painters. I'm partial to the work of the brother, Jack. Good stuff.

I went to Howth and walked the cliffs with my new friend Sketch. From Howth, the world looks a lot like this:









2 comments:

Freeze_Dried_Brilliance said...

Beautiful! Do they have royalty?

Anonymous said...

You lead a great life - enjoy every minute.

Sandy Linster