Saturday, May 27, 2006

May you be a day in heaven before the devil knows you're dead.

Five days in Ireland, and I'm toasting with a Guinness like Joyce himself.

This is one of the best trips I've ever taken.

I stayed, again, with a stranger, which was excellent. He has four Spanish roommates, which was wholly frustrating for me, because there's no excuse for my inability to speak that language, and it makes me want to move to Spain until I learn. Anyway. They were great people, too.

Dublin. Dublin. Where do I start? Is it enough to say it's one of the only European cities I've visited, if not the only, that I could actually see myself choosing to live? It's remarkably diverse -- I don't think I even met any Irish people, aside from the few museum workers I talked with at length, just Spaniards and Italians and Canadians. It's compact, easy to get around. Traffic is terrible, but it's easy to walk everywhere so it's only a bother when you have to wait for ages to cross the street.

And the nightlife is okay, too.











You should know that these people are amazing and wonderful. Also, my hair is very long.

It should never be said that I'm not head-over-feet in love with my life.

1 comment:

Freeze_Dried_Brilliance said...

I was seriously looking at the pics thinking... her hair is so long, I love it. Then you made mention of it. Glad your Ireland trip was fun. That's the Irish in you... ok, so we may not be Irish, but we're related to them! :) Counts!

Tonight was Rascal Flatts Concert... I'm going to have Joe Don get his marriage anulled so I can marry him. I told him so tonight at the top of my very sore lungs. The other 29,999 people needed to stop shouting so he could hear me... but I'm pretty sure he did.

I'll e-mail you when I'm not so tired. Glad you blogged... it makes my world go round. Have a fabulous weekend.

Don't forget to celebrate your American Holiday!