Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Lisbon: More Than Just a Cow Parade

I was in Lisbon for four days, which was actually quite a lot for Lisbon, at least for me in Lisbon.









I stayed with a stranger-now-friend, Renato, who hung out with me the entire time, which was fantastic. We watched six movies, three in the theater and three at home. From them, I must recommend Hard Candy.

The thing is, three of the four museums I cared to see were closed for stupid reasons. So, that opened up a lot of time.

Important things accomplished in Lisbon:

1. Cows. We know that.

2. Lots of walking around.



3. Cherry brandy tasting.

4. A day-trip to Sintra, which was actually about a one-hour trip, as the castle I cared to see there was closed, and the other castle was on a giant hill. It was really hot outside, people.





5. The Portugal/France game, despite the loss.

6. Cod. So much cod. Renato's mother made lots of cod.

7. I bought new sunglasses, since I lost my old ones on the bus from the airport in Faro to Lagos.

8. The Castelo de Sao Jorge.









9. A bullfight. More on that later.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You lead such an exciting life - sounds like Judi had a great time. Enjoy your time with Shanna.

Sandy Linster

Freeze_Dried_Brilliance said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. You'll have to go back since the museums and castles were closed!

Shanna's there? Hope you're having fun and showing her a good time!

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»