Friday, September 22, 2006

Home from home.

I was never really a believer in jet lag until I moved here. Sure, on previous trips to Europe I was tired, but I always slept well at night. When I came in January, my sleep was thrown off for two weeks and I ended up really, really sick. I'm afraid that's starting all over again -- I slept for two hours yesterday afternoon when I got back (having only slept two hours on the flight over), and then went to bed at 10:00 pm with an alarm set for 8:00 am, just so I wouldn't over do it. Turns out it wasn't needed -- I awoke at 1:30 am, feeling fully rested. That didn't last long, but I never got back to sleep. It's 9:45 and I'm ready for a nap.

The trip was excellent. The wedding was beautiful. I know terrific people.









2 comments:

Freeze_Dried_Brilliance said...

Glad you had fun! My new job is going well. Jet Lag... I'm not really a big believer either, but don't get yourself sick! We can't have that!!

Feel better and get some rest. Naps are good for the soul!

Freeze_Dried_Brilliance said...

Now that you've added pictures I have to say your dress and hair looked very good for the wedding! :) Glad you had a good time!