Friday, March 23, 2012

Welcome to Argentina

I woke up this morning (too early, for some reason, having not gotten home until 3:30am this morning) just in time to hear the door close as Brent left for the day, and I came downstairs a few minutes later. I barely had time to pour my coffee when the door opened again -- Brent was back!  "Guess what?" he said.

There's no guessing, so don't even try. Apparently, someone tried to break into the building last night (after 3:30am, because I got in fine).  This is a rare sort of occurrence, and I'm not sure what he thought he was going to do once inside, since each apartment door is pretty heavy-duty, but I'll leave that sort of thinking to the criminal geniuses. Like the one who failed to break in this morning and broke something off in the lock on the door to the building.

The door to the building wouldn't open.

This is the only entrance in and out of the building. We were locked in.

Our doorman was working furiously from this side as four doormen from the the neighboring buildings did what they could from the outside. A line of people waiting to go to work gathered in the lobby.

We're not sure how long he had been working, but within another five minutes (and with the assistance of a power drill), he had taken the entire lock out of the door and Brent was on his way.

No comments: