Thursday, June 22, 2006

Long time no

Our internet has been down for a week, so I've been a little out of touch. Also, I have yet to find places to sleep in Portugal and Spain.

I'm getting into this World Cup thing, which, if I remember correctly (or don't remember, as it were), is largely ignored back home. It's exciting because I get two teams -- USA and Holland -- but, of course, the U.S. just lost to Ghana, so my hopes are resting on my adoptive land.

I've been lying low, saving the funds for the Spain/Portugal adventure, and working quite a bit.

Summer is lovely. We get some of it about every three days.

2 comments:

Freeze_Dried_Brilliance said...

I was getting ready to ask if you were still alive! Thank you for the postcard.

I am seeing more World Cup fever here than in the past, but yes, still ignored. I personally, could care less...except for one Jay Leno joke... "with 2 million mexicans crossing the boarder each week, you'd think 11 of them could play soccer"

Goodluck finding places to stay. My solution for everything internet related...google it, or yahoo it.

Have a fabulous weekend. Don't feel bad about summer, we only see it every few days too!

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»