Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Up and coming.

I'm working my way out of the slump.

On Monday I went to Amsterdam intending to meet up with a traveler from Chicago. His train was arriving in the late afternoon, but I went in the morning to work on the Christmas shopping project (and let me tell you, I made some good progress; I even got a little carried away, maybe).

It rained all day. I went to the Stedelijk Museum, where the mutilated furniture and accompanying video will give me nightmares. Ah, the age old question, What is art? We've got to keep an open mind.

So, afternoon came, and I wandered to his hostel to find he had checked in but he wasn't around. No one's fault, really; we hadn't made very specific plans for meeting up. I waited a while and went home. Disappointing; it would have been fun. Another time.

Luxembourg next week? I need some motivation.

2 comments:

Freeze_Dried_Brilliance said...

He was buying shampoo and toothpaste... as he probably had to throw all of his away! Terrorists are working at Proctor and Gamble I tell ya!

Anonymous said...

Behind every cloud the sun is shining