Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Voetbal en verjaardag.

Also on Saturday, Ruud and I went to a soccer game -- Eindhoven's PSV against Rotterdam's Excelsior. PSV won 4-0, which isn't unusual, I guess. They are consistently one of the best teams in the country. They have more money than a lot of the other teams, so they can hire better players. Simple as that. It was a great time -- I'd been wanting to go to a game for a while. Even better was that I got to use Ruud's dad's season ticket.

Then we went to Ruud's mother's birthday celebration in Helmond. There were many people there, about half of whom I had met in Germany, so it felt like home. Three people told me how they had looked up South Dakota on Google Earth.

1 comment:

Freeze_Dried_Brilliance said...

Google Earth is great, except I can't find that beautiful church from Milan on it... I've looked all over!

Glad you had fun at the soccer game and the birthday party. Did you just say it felt like home... hmmm, maybe you wont be coming back afterall!